We were delighted to collaborate once again with The National Initiative for Agricultural Development and are very grateful for our patron His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa for his endless support.
As we reached 50 glorious years we were ambitious to set up a training center for career base qualification and vocational training in horticulture, encouraging amateur gardeners to turn their hobby into micro businesses in horticulture. 2016 show surely inspired all keen gardeners as well as those who were eager to know about gardening. It included information for experienced and new gardeners, but emphasized more on youth participation. The lineup included an impressive list such as:
- Environment friendly gardens and boundary gardens for Commercial Establishments, which were done in the year after.
- New addition to the photography is the professional category for more participation.
- Dozens of demos were hosted each day based on 2016 Theme.
- We displayed inspirations for city-living and small space gardening using containers which were exclusively created by our youth.
- We had a hands-on-fun corner: children’s and parents fun activity area.
- People enjoyed sitting in our garden and learned new recipes while they had snacks and beverages.
- Participants had the opportunity to choose floral bouquets from the display selections or to let experts create one for them to take home.